New York is the state that enjoys hosting people from all over the world. Experiencing New York City is easier than ever for locals and tourists, ever since the New York Pass was invented. This pass quickly made visiting New York City a walk in the park. The New York Pass will not only help you avoid long lines and sold out tickets but is linked to more than 80 attractions. Here’s a small list of some of the attractions included on the pass list and some other restaurants and highlights you might want to check out when you are visiting New York, New York.
The Empire State Building
- Location: 350 Fifth Avenue – Approx. Hours 8 a.m. – 2 a. m.
- The Empire State building is located in midtown Manhattan known as the heart of New York City
- This spectacular and famous landmark is open to visitors daily from 8 A. M. until 2 A.M.
- The 25 minute video that you will see, takes you on a virtual scenic tour of the city
- Take the elevator to the 86th and 102nd floor for a jaw dropping view
- Visit the American Bar & Grill on the street level to enjoy the American Cuisine
- There is no time limit, so you don’t have to rush basking in the ambiance while you are visiting New York City
The Broadway Walking Tour
- Location: Duffy Square Broadway & 46th Street
- The 2-hour tour is led by a real Broadway actor
- Listen how the history of The Broadway Theater evolved
- The animated guide will tell true stories, about how to make it onto the stage
The New York Wine Tasting and Walking Tour
- Welcome one and all to Soho’s full service winery in the middle of Manhattan, New York
- It’s time to put on your comfortable flat walking shoes and get ready to treat your taste buds to a smooth tasting libation
- When you’re visiting New York City, doing as much as you can on foot enables you to feel the ambience and energy of the city.
- You can excite your palate when you taste a Sohovingnon Blanc and a Pinot Noir wine
- The appetizer served with the wine is a flatbread and wild mushroom and Pancetta to wet your appetite for a more delicious cuisine
The Galli Restaurant
- Location: 45 Mercer Street – Approx. Hours: 9 a.m. – midnight
- The decor is old world charm in a modern world
- The hardwood floors, the leather-covered booths take you back to the sixties
- The spacious setting of the tables is very comfortable and intimate.
- You will be taught the art of wine tasting
- How to select the correct wine to compliment your cuisine
- How to match the vintage of the wine against the price
- Select wines from Italy or Spain are served
The Comodo Restaurant
- Location: 58 MacDougal Street – Approx. Hours: 11:00 a.m. – 4 p. m., 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- The plating of the food is a work of art
- The palate is introduced to fine wines from Chile and Argentina
- The Chipotle-Braised pulled pork and Bacon Torte are favorite dishes
Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
- Circle line offers exciting Manhattan Cruises
- The tours range from 30 minutes to 2.5hrs in length
- The Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Skyline are must sees
- See the view of New York from the main or raised quarter deck of the ship
- A great afternoon or evening of fun when visiting New York City
Discovery Time Square Museum
- Location: 228 West 44th Street – Approx. Hours: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- There are a different variety of exhibits’ to experience
- The museum features interactive activities for everyone
- Titanic, Body Worlds, King Tut. Pompeii are examples of exhibits that pass through
- A relaxing and educational offering of exhibits
- Museum offers a small café for snacks and drinks
The Broadway Walking Tour
- You will meet your guide at Duffy Square in the Theater District
- The 2-hour tour is led by a real Broadway actor
- The Broadway Theater history will be related to you by the guide
- The animated actor will tell true stories of those whom have made it into acting on stage
Lillies Times Square
- Location: 249 W 49th Street – Approx. Hours: Daily 11 a.m. – 4:00 a.m., Tuesday 10 a.m. – 1 a. m., Sunday 9 a.m. -12 a.m.
- Celebrates the life of Lilly Langtry
- Victorian decor is featured
- Have fun at the free jazz show every Tues. 10 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. Sunday 9:00 p.m. midnight
- The Bongo Bruno and the Funky Caravan band are featured
The Rose Bar
- Location: 2 Lexington Avenue – Approx. Hours: 5p.m. – 4 a.m.
- Late night menu hours 12 a.m – 4 a.m.
- A very intimate atmosphere and luxurious Manhattan bar
- Sweet Charlotte cocktails made at the solid walnut bar
- Impressive limestone fireplace is impressive and cozy
- The Risotto Croquettes made with mozzarella cheese and tomato are listed on the late night menu
World Class Shopping
- Visit the Iconic and historic Macy’s Department Store
- Bloomingdales, Barney’s and Neiman Marcus are also great flagships of the city
- Witness some of the most magnificent window displays
- High end shopping From Park Avenue to Fifth Avenue
- Endless Boutiques provide unique offerings
- NY,NY offers some of the highest fashion of the world
Radio City Music Hall
- This is one of the most iconic theaters in the world
- Home of the world famous Rockettes
- Endless events, concerts, and award shows take place here including the Christmas Spectacular
- Tours available to experience this one of a kind landmark (included with New York Pass)
Nightlife in New York City
- New York has the classy night clubs, the loud dance clubs and the boisterous bars
- You can sit and observe or dance until your feet hurt
- This is the city that never sleeps, and you are going to have fun joining the crowd
- There is an abundance of different activities to expect when you are visiting New York City
- You can do as little or as much as you like, but regardless plan on being excited and busy
Visiting New York City is one of the best trips you can make, and every season of the year will provide you will unique experiences. Travel through the city like the locals, and experience the subways, taxis, trains, and buses. There’s an energy to New York City that is unexplainable and is something that you simply have to experience for yourself. Not only is New York one of our favorite destinations here at Traveling Monarch, its also one of the most desired destinations among travelers. From the culture, theater, architecture, business, fashion and dining just to touch on some its easy to comprehend the immense draw to thie world class city.
You’ll find that everyone you ask has a different “favorite restaurant” so the best thing to do is to take a few suggestions and then just pick one. You really can’t go wrong.The food is incredible and lets you experience being a New Yorker for the time you are here. Try the street vendor’s hot dogs, sausages, and soft pretzels. The delicatessens make the best corned beef special sandwiches in the world and the diners serve some of the best desserts you will ever have.
When you step foot in New York City you quickly see why it is one of the best cities on earth. There is something exciting for everyone and around every corner is a new adventure. While you will get to experience quite a bit with the New York Pass, there’s no way you can experience everything New Your City has to offer in one trip, so don’t feel compelled to rush around. Just do what you can, but be in the moment and fully enjoy what is in front of you at that time. This way you’ll always get to fully soak in the experience or activity you are a part of. New York City will always have you wanting to return often, so most likely when you do, you can do the things that you weren’t able to the previous time.
(images:A State of Mind, Empire State Building at Sunset, New York, Broadway Ads in Times Square, Pour me some wine please!, Spinach salad with walnuts, carrots, and goat cheese, pulled pork, NYC Circle Line Sightseeing Cruise, Last weekend II (Body Worlds), Broadway, Lillies, Risotto Croquettes, The World’s Largest Store, Radio City, sunset on midtown,Hot Dog Truck, NYC)