Sun Protection should be one of the top things on your mind when you are outside. No matter where you are, on the trail, around the city, on a boat or at the beach, you need to keep yourself protected from the sun.
For the most part, people that enjoy the great outdoors are more than aware of this practice and are always taking precautions to help keep their body safe. It’s nice that there are so many convenient items now that help you achieve this relatively easy.
5 Practical Items For Sun Protection
Sun Bum Sunscreen
While sunscreen is one of the most obvious options, you would be surprised at how many people simply do not wear it.
There are numerous reasons why people opt out of wearing sunscreen, and surprisingly enough one of the most stated reasons is they are not sure which brand, type or strength to use.
Almost any brand is going to provide you with some degree of sun protection, Sun Bum brand is one of the best options available.
- Multiple SPF strengths available
- Sun Bum Provides protection for adults and children
- Formulated for sensitive skin
- Provides Broad Spectrum UVA / UVB Protection
- Vitamin E Enriched
- Water & Sweat Resistant up to 80 Minutes
- Paraben Free – PABA Free – Oil Free – Gluten Free / Vegan
- Hypoallergenic – Photostable – Parsol 1789
Sun Tek Umbrella
Using an umbrella for sun protection is a practical solution that is becoming more and more common. What better way to keep yourself protected from the rays of the sun than to not have any hit you to begin with.
Even though people are used to thinking about sitting under umbrellas at the beach, at a café or even on their patio at home, having a personal one to protect yourself on the go is something that more and more people are opting for as well.
Any umbrella is going to help you somewhat, but having an umbrella that specially is designed for the sun is going to be significantly different. The key is making sure the umbrella has the ability to block the UV rays and the Sun Tek model does just that.
- Superior UV protection from a silver coating reflects
- 55+ UPF protects from UVA, UVB, and UVC rays
- Ergonomic handle for left and right-handed users
- Wind & weather resistant – 100% nylon
- Vortec venting system prevents inverting with wind
- Protection from sun, rain, hail, snow, and sleet
- Large canopy provides – 68” arc, 57” diameter
- Durable fiberglass contraction
Shinymod Arm Sleeves
Now that is one serious “farmers tan”. While we all know what that term means and have all had numerous versions, the comedic side of the term does not take away from the fact that you are causing damage to your skin.
A lot of the time when you are out on a beautiful hike, you will notice that people are wearing long sleeves along with their hat for maximum sun protection.
Doing this not only provides fantastic protection from the sun, but keeping your skin hidden underneath a barrier of material keeps you cooler as well. This is exactly what the Shinymod sleeves provide.
- 99.8% UV Protection
- Protects from sunburn and bug bites
- For all outdoor activities
- Unisex – stays snug around your arm
- Cooling protofilament – 92% polyamide, 8% spandex
- Multiple colors available
- Wicks away sweat and keeps your comfortable
- Quick and easy to take on and off
Columbia Sun Hat
Your head and your neck are the most exposed areas to the sun at all times. Your scalp is very sensitive and can get burned very easily no matter what you doing.
A hat not only provides you with the adequate protection from the sun for your head that you need, but a proper sun hat will also have a wide enough brim to keep your neck safe and secure as well.
Once you feel the difference that a sun hat provides you, you’ll wonder how you ever enjoyed staying out in the sun for so long prior. They are easy to keep with you and keeping a spare in your car or on your boat is also common.
The Colombia Bora Bora hat is one of the most popular options.
- Quick dry design when hat gets wet
- 100% Nylon
- Vented mesh panel keeps you cool
- Provides UPF 50 protection
- Easy adjustable draw cord with toggle
- Interior wicking sweat band keeps your dry from sweat
- Adjustable chin strap for easy secure fit
- Flexible material is not stiff and uncomfortable
Kinder Fluff Car Shades
One of the most uncomfortable aspects of any road trip can be the glaring sun peering in your windows. Not only is it uncomfortable but is also very hot.
There’s even a term called “drivers arm’, referring to the driver’s side arm that is tan from the sun coming in the window.
This can be a problem for your co-pilot as well as back seat passengers. No matter how high your crank up the AC, the sun being magnified through the glass will always win. This is why having the Kinder Fluff sun shades make a significant difference.
- Compact design with included travel pouch
- 80 GSM (Highest possible) protective mesh
- Blocks up to 98% of damaging UV rays
- Large flexible design for maximum coverage area
- Static cling side for easy installation and removal
- Keeps parked car cooler for hours
- Large 20 x 12 size
- Premium stitching for lasting durability
Enjoying the outdoors as much as possible is something that any traveler enjoys. That being said, the more you are outside the more you need to make sure you are taking the necessary precautions to keep your body, skin and health safe from the sun.
Even when there are going to be times when you say to yourself, “I’m just going to be out for a little while, I don’t need to worry about”, those are the times when 20 mins turn into 3 hours and then you can’t reverse the damage that has been done. It always better to be safe than sorry and taking the time to make sun protection practices part of your routine will always be best.
Very quickly, protecting yourself from the sun will become second nature and be something that is just naturally done as part of your daily regimen no matter if you are on a trip somewhere or just around town at home.
(image: Morning Sun)